1. The insurance company has recommended another collision repair shop and/or they have told me that DC is not on their list of “approved” shops. Do I have to use the shop that the insurer recommends?
Absolutely not. By law, the choice of where to have your car repaired is exclusively yours and no insurer can require you to use their “preferred” shop or restrict the settlement of your claim for not using their “preferred” shop. DC will never compromise the quality of your repair or your safety to gain acceptance on any “approved” list.
2. Do I need to have an appointment for an estimate or for repair?
No. We recognize that nobody makes an appointment to have an accident and we are here to serve you when you need us. The sooner we see your car and get your car to our facility, the sooner we can get to work returning it properly repaired. Just call us: (818) 846-5032
3. Can you waive my deductible?
No. Your deductible is part of the contract that you have with your insurance company. Only your insurance company has the right to waive your deductible.
4. How long will the collision repair process take?
There is no standard answer to this question. Every accident—every repair is unique and because they are unique, so is the time necessary to return the car to you properly and safely repaired. Our staff will communicate with you regularly during the entire repair and insurance claim progress.
5. How do I get a rental vehicle to drive during repairs?
Our staff can help! We work with reliable rental car agencies who have a proven track record of customer satisfaction. We can coordinate with the rental car agency to meet you at DC to pick up a rental car.
6. Will I have to pay for my rental?
That is determined by the insurance company. Most policies have rental coverage as a part of your insurance policy.
7. Will my car ever be the same? Will it be “right” again?
DC Autocraft is qualified to properly and safely repair your damaged vehicle to its pre-loss condition. DC Autocraft invests heavily in training, tools, and processes to repair your car to the exacting standards with which it was manufactured. DC is certified as an Advanced Structural Collision Repair Facility, for more information please see our Certifications & Craftsmanship pages.
8. Am I responsible for the cost of the repairs?
Yes. As the owner/lessee of your vehicle, you are responsible for all costs and charges incurred to repair your car. DC Autocraft will work hand-in-hand with you and your insurance company to assure explanation of all coverage.